CPFF Patient Charter – Toward Exceptional Care: A Canadian IPF Patient Charter – Help Spread the Word
The Canadian Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation (CPFF) developed the Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) Patient Charter (en français) to inform government, healthcare professionals and all Canadians impacted by IPF about the need for access to optimal patient care from diagnosis, to treatment, to end-of-life.
The IPF Patient Charter outlines recommendations for provincial governments, institutions and healthcare organizations to improve patients’ overall quality of life, and support efforts for targeted research to develop better long-term treatments, and ultimately, find a cure.
But, the IPF Patient Charter is just a document if we don’t all work together to raise awareness, spread our message, and call on those who can help to make a difference, such as your Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP), Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) or Member of National Assembly (MNA), Minister of Health and other elected and non-elected government officials, healthcare providers, insurance providers, and media.
Robert Davidson, President, CPFF, and others will activate the IPF Patient Charter by presenting it to patients and healthcare professionals at various meetings and events across the country, beginning in Calgary on September 6th and Edmonton on September 7th, during PF Awareness Month and throughout the year.
This is a significant undertaking by the CPFF and we hope you’ll join us to help spread the word!
Some ways you can help:
- Like and follow our page on Facebook and Twitter
- Share the IPF Patient Charter on your Facebook page
- Share the IPF Patient Charter on your Twitter
- Reach out to your local media (newspapers, radio, television) to share your story
- Write a Letter to the Editor, and send it to your local newspaper (see above)
- Send a letter to your local MPP, MLA or MNA about the IPF Patient Charter (we’ve prepared a standard letter for your reference, please feel free to customize it to include aspects of your personal story)